The musings and misadventures of a strange and unusual girl.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Outfits, Outfits, Outfits!

I've been meaning for some time to begin making outfit posts here. I just rarely take the time to take proper outfit pictures and as you can see, I'm not exactly skilled at it. But hey, we all must start somewhere. So here we go.


Today I wore one of my most recent thrifting acquisitions - this Puritan-esque black velvet dress. It makes me feel as though I should be churning butter somewhere, and I like it. It's not fitted, it falls mid-calf, it's a hair too big. In short, it's almost awkward and yet I love it dearly.
Dress: thrifted
Boots: blue velvet Arizona boots, JC Penney


For my birthday event in December {the "theme" of which, if there was one, was "Sad Dead Poet's Society" which was mostly a reason to indulge in Death In the Afternoon and sway to some favourite music), I went nu-goth-meets-trad-goth in a dark Mary Poppins ensemble.
Dress and boots: Forever 21
Bat handbag: Restlye.pl
Hat: Charlott's Antiques

Speaking of my antique store find, a better view of this, my new favourite hat.


From sometime in November, one of my favourite casual/lazy day outfits: black velvet leggings, oversized sweater.
Sweater: JC Penney clearance rack some time ago
Leggings: Forever 21
Black oxfords: Target
Bowler hat: Ebay
Necklace: Old Navy
Bracelet: Craft show on the Riverwalk years back


For 1313 in November, another thrifted black velvet dress. I love how very late 80s this is, shoulder pads and all.
Dress: thrifted
Boots: Doc Martens


I do intend to post outfit posts more frequently. Lately I've been slacking on dressing up at all.  I suppose I've been in a bit of a slump, emotionally, and it's taken its toll on every aspect of my life. But I'm working hard to overcome that. 

Until next time, darklings!

No comments :

Post a Comment