The musings and misadventures of a strange and unusual girl.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

It's Never Too Late for a Halloween Post

It's been quite a while without a post for me. I'm not sure why. I've meant to post long before and it just didn't happen. I particularly wanted to make a Halloween post and as such, I have decided that two weeks is not too long overdue. So, without further ado, a look at Halloween this year.

With busy schedules and continuing migraines, I never properly decorated for Halloween this year. Bad bat, I know. Still, I did make sure to get a few decorations put out on Halloween night. The result was a tiny graveyard scene. 



As for my costume, I had several different ideas, but in the end, I went with my take on the Phantom of the Opera. It started with this mask:

I added some gloves, a favourite blouse that I found at a thrift shop some years back, and my Azrael's Accomplice Elegant Belle skirt (which I absolutely adore and highly recommend, by the way) and I was ready to go. I worked half a day, handed out candy at home and finally made it out to the club for a bit before turning into a pumpkin. This costume made it comfortably through all of that and I received many compliments on it.

 

All in all, despite being a bit more low key than I had anticipated (and much more low key than last year's celebrations), I had a wonderful Halloween!

And now, as a bonus, a picture of my Halloween costume in 2003. The skirt for that costume was vinyl, the remnants of my vinyl ballgown from senior prom. Oh how I miss that skirt!


Until next time, darklings! 

No comments :

Post a Comment